Eye Care Community
Can Interocular Lens be Removed?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Can Interocular Lens be Removed?

I had Interocular Lens Implants 2 years ago.  I have to have glasses to read and now my distance near and far is blurry. TV is blurry, computer, plus blurry light at night.  I begged my doctor to take them out but he said my only choice was a mono lens that I would hate. Instead he removed scar tissue that had formed and told me I would see great but could never have the lenses removed. But nothing has changed and it seems like my vision continues to get worse.  My doctor says I'm the only patient he's ever had that hates these lenses.  What are my options?
What type of IOL do you have?  Is it a multifocal or accomadating IOL?
Get a second (and perhaps third) opinion from other experienced surgeons about what might be done to improve your vision.
I HAD A LENSE IMPLANT ABOUT A YR AND A HALF AGO, ALTHOUGH IT WAS PLANED THAT I WOULD EVENTUALLY GET BOTH EYES DONE, I OPTED JUST TO HAVE THE WORST ONE DONE ONLY. I VISION WAS VERY POOR AND THE BEST MY VIDION WOULD BETTER BY THE PROCEEDURE WAS YO BE 20/40, CORRECTED. WITHOUT THE IMPLANT I AURVIVED USING CONTACTS AND THE PROBLEM WAS THAT I FELL LIKE I COULD NOT DEFEND MYSELF IN AN RMRRGENCY, I FOUND MYSELF FALLING ASLEEP WITH THEM ON. ALTHOUHG WHEN I DID NOT WEAR THE CONTACTS I HAD YOU COULD SAY SUPER VISION, I HAVE ASTIG & MIOPIA.  IT WAS DIFICULT GETTING USED TO THE IMPLANT, MY VISION WAS FUZZY, I NO LONGER HAD SUPER VISION IN THAT EYE, I COULD NOT READ, I COULD NO LONGER LIFT HEAVY OBJECT. AD TIME WENT BY THE COLORFUL CIRCLES AROUND LIGHTS WENT AWAY, I SAY IT TOOK ME ABOUT A YEAR TO BE ABLE TO SEE NORMAL. I STILL CANNOT READ OR SEE EXTREEMLY FAR OR AS FAR AS OTHERS CAN SEE, ATLEAST THIS IS SOMETHING I CAN SOMEWHAT CORRECT WITH GLASSES OR ANOTHER CONTACT ON TOP OF THE IMPLANT. I NOW SLEEP BETTER BECAUSE I TAKE THE CONTACT LENSE OUT OF THE EYE I DIDNOT GET FIXED, WHILE THE IMPLANT IS PERMZNENTLY IN THE EYE, I CAN SLEEP WITH IT AND WAKE UP SEEYING THROUGH ONE EYE AND NOT COMPLETELY HELPLESS. STILL, FOR NOW I DESIDED NOT TO GET THE OTHER ONE FIXED, THIS WAY I ENJOY THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS. BESIDES THE FEAR IS ALWAYS THERE THAT I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO READ AT ALL IF I GET THE OTHER ONE FIXED. REMEMBER NOT EVERYONE RECOOPS THE SAME AFTER SURGERY, MY MOM RECCOPED IN LESS THAN 3MONTH AND HAS TAKEN ME ABOUT 1YEAR. ALSO, FIND OUT WHAT POWER LENSE YOU HAVE IN YOU EYES, AS YOU MAY HAVE A POWER HIGHER THAN WHAT YOU NEEDED OR LESS THAN WHAT YOU NEEDED. IN MY CASE THE LENSE IS A LESSER POWER THAN NEEDED, THIS WAS DONE ON PURPOSE SO THAT WITH CONTACT LENSE OR GLASSES I COULD USE MULTI FOCAL LENSEZ TO SEE NEAR OR FAR, SINCE THE IMPLANT CANNOT EXPAND OR CONTRACT AS THE NATURAL LENSE IN THE EYE DID BEFORE YHE IMPLANT. BUT ATLEAST, I CAN SE MID RANGE SO THAT I DONT FEEL AS DEFENSELESS AS I USED TOO.  IMPORTANT:AS FOR REWETING DROPS FOR THE IMPLANTED LENSE, THEY MAY BE DIFFERENT THAN THE ONES YOU ARE USING IF YOU ARE USING ANY. YOU SHOULD USE SOME SINCE THE EYE MAY TEND TO GET DRY AND BELIWVE ME THIS CAN COUSE YOU TO SEE CIRCLES ARROUND LIGHTS AN EYE FATGUE. I DONT KNOW OF HAND WHAT WOULD BE YOUR REPLACEMENT OPTION, BUT SOMETHING HAS TO GO IN ITS PLACE SICE YOU NO LONGER HAVE THE NATURAL LENSE YOU WHERE BORN WITH. MAY BE AN OPTIO MAY BE CORRECTIVE EYEWEAROR CONTACTS, OR RE PLACING THE IMPLANT WITH ANOTHER BRAD OR MODEL LENSE. GOOD LUCK. IF YOU SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM, LET ME KNOW. e-mail: ***@****