Eye Care Community
Can Smoking Marijuana 1 time, Effect your eyes permanently?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

I smoked Marijuana for the first time 2 months and 1 week ago, I never smoked it again, and my eye sight has never been the same since. I have 20/15 vision in my left eye, and 20/20 in my Right eye. I can see clearly still and everything, but I have had problems with light. I was diagnosed with anxiety on september 21st and this maybe the problem, but I am not sure and very scared (which is my anxiety). My Flash blindness lasts longer than usual, and is more sensitive, and is more annoying. I had a heatstroke 3 days before I was diagnosed with anxiety, which triggered it, and I was hallucinating with white spots when I was dehydrated, which did end when the heatstroke was cured, but this also worries me. Now with hallucinating From Marijuana and the Heatstroke, can this be the cause of The Light Sensitivity? And will this last forever. It is really freaking me out and it triggers my anxiety into making me thinking I am going blind. I see colors fine and my vision isnt blurry, but what the problem is, is the Flash Blindness increase, and I sometimes see little microscopic multicolored spots when I stare at a wall, or the blue sky, which scares me and is kinda like a hallucination. ANYBODIES INPUT IS APPRECIATED!! Especially Medical Professional Input/Advice. The things I am worried about is the Increased Flash Blindness/Light Sensitivity and The Anxiety induced Hallucinations.
Marijuana does not cause any permanent damage to your eyes.  I would recommend you see an ophthalmologist.

Dr. O.