Eye Care Expert Forum
Can't read moving text
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Can't read moving text

Hi,

I'm 16 y/o, wearing glasses. L: -2.75, R: -3.50

I recently played a typing game: http://www.rapidtyping.com/online-typing-games/fruit-swordman-typing.html

When I try to read the words that jump from the bottom, I can't read them until they make it to the top (their movement's speed is lower). Is this normal? When the words are moving in a higher speed, I see the words written a couple of times (sort of a blur, imagine you are viewing the whole world a couple of times, only that each view is a bit positioned differently).
Tags: eyes, speed
1735584_tn?1311113373
Difficult to say if you're truly experiencing any visual problems based on a specific situation with moving text.  In general, do you have problems with your peripheral field down below versus up top?  Based on your prescription, there does not appear to be any astigmatism.  It would not hurt to get your glasses checked to see if the size of or positioning of the lens is such that your view looking down varies with that straight ahead or looking upward.  Otherwise, if you are experiencing any other visual compromise, a full complete exam by an ophthalmologist could exclude any serious issues.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
233488_tn?1310696703
John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
Discover Vision Centers of Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
2078052_tn?1331936700
Doreen Fazio, M.D.Blank
Amerisight Institute and Valley Eye Center
Van Nuys, CA
MedHelp Health Answers