Cataract Surgery problems
In the past 2 months I've had cataract surgery in both eyes.  I saw so beautifully after 3 days...everything so sharp, so clear.  Aprox. 6 weeks I had the 2nd surgery.  Again, great.  Within the next few weeks my left (first surgery) eye vision started decreasing, with floaters and flashes...worse than before the surgery.  Went to the Dr.  and asked for all the Dr.s in the practice to observe.  Less than a week later my right eye started the same thing.  My vision is bad, I won't drive at night...I'm losing balance and falling, and have eye aches.  They've made an appointment for a Retina Specialist and have under diagnosis..."post-op cataract c/o floaters and metamorphopsia...I looked this up and am really in a panic.  I need some feed back.  I told them I had a TID aprox. 2 years ago and am a bleeder.  They said, not to worry.  The eye rarely bleads.?????
Please reply,
Thank you,
Claudia
The eye usually doesn't bleed after cataract surgery and the surgery can even be done on patients on full anti-coagulation.

The condition that would cause your symptoms the most often is cystoic macular edema or swelling of the reading part of the eye.  The retina doctor will do tests to see if you have this. If so it can usually be treated with steroid drops and Acular (non-steroidal anitinflammatory drops).

JCH III MD