Eye Care Expert Forum
Cataract implant replacement

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Cataract implant replacement
I had a plain distance lens in my left eye and a Restore in my right. The glare and halo effect in my right eye is so bad I hate looking at things. I close my right eye much of the time and cannot drive at night at all because halo obstructs my vision. I do not get a close up vision quality worth the poor vision , I still have to use readers. My doctor says my vision is ok and that I should not replace the implant. I have become so depressed that I do not want to go anyway or do anything that involves looking like vacations soccer games and so on. What are the risks in implant replacement and how can I find a surgeon to do it (dallas area)
The Re-STOR lens can be exchanged for a monofocal implant. You need to find an expert cataract surgeon. Check through ASCRS, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons for a recommendation in your area.
It's been 10 months since I had monofocal iol lens implanted in right eye and no bad side effects of restore iol lens such as glare or halos.  My last visit 20/20 with corrective lens.  I am glad I checked this forum before the cataract surgery.   Best of luck to you.
So do you have the Restor lens implanted? Both eyes or just one? How bad where your cataracts? Was there a diopter difference in your eyes? Do you see mid=distance well? Far distance?