Cataract surgery dilema
I would appreciate if any one can help me with my dilema about cataract surgery. I went to see two opthalmologists.  I did let them know that i wanted modified monovision to reduce the dependancy on glasses or contacts. Both says I have some stigmatism in both eyes (0.6 and 0.88). Dr #1 says I am left eye dominant, so he suggests Toric lens for left eye for distant aim for 20/25 . In right eye he suggests Alcon acrysoft SN60WF  aim for 20/40 (-0.1.25).This dr also suggested Crystalens.

Dr #2  says I am right eye dominant and he will set this eye for distant aim for 20/20. he will put in Acrysoft  lens. He will wait  four weeks to see how my vision is in my right before he suggests what lens to put in my left eye and at what distant. This dr says multifocal is not suitable for me due to the shape of the eyes.
My questions to all the doctors and members on this forum are as follows:
1. How come both the drs have different opinions as far as the dominancy of the eyes and the kind of IOL is concerned.
2. What kind of vision would I have if I went to either one. How difficult would it be to adjust to left eye dominant vs right eye dominant. Will my brain be able to adjust?
3. What distances would I be able to see clearly?
Dr # 1 is listed in "Top Doctors" web site .I think it is called Connoly Conners. my spelling could be wrong, sorry about that.
Please answer me ASAP as I am going to see Dr #1 on Sept 16
I thank you all and appreciate your valuable input.
Look at "Today's Pulse" at the bottom of this page. Click on the blue dots till you get to the article John C. Hagan III MD wrote on things to consider before cataract surgery. It answers your questions.
JCH MD
thank you Dr Hagan for responding to my question. I will definitley read that article you mentioned
Thank you very much
Kate
=