Eye Care Expert Forum
Chalazion for six months?

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Chalazion for six months?
Six months ago I developed a chalazion on each eye, lower lid. The bump on them is about 80% gone now. But, the 20% remaining is still there and is constantly on the verge of getting big again if I don't wash my eyes often. When I pull the lower eye lid down, I can still see the remaining redness and white dot on the inner lid.

Will this ever heal?
The residual chalazion may go away by itself, but this is less likely since it has been 6 months.  Your ophthalmologist could drain the chalazion, through a small incision on the inside of the lower lid.  This can be done in the office, and there are no sutures.
Hi Dr Fazio,

I saw an ophthalmologist and he said it was too small to drain.

What should I do now?