Chalazion in children
My 6 yr old woke up with a swollen eye about 3 weeks ago and his dr said it was possibly a chalazion that hadn't surfaced yet and put him on Polytrim eye drops for 10 days along with hot compressing the eye now my son has a lump on his right eye lid the size of a peanut and is continues to complain of his eye burning and bothering him we have an appointment next week with an eye specialist too seek further teatment I was told that it is more then likely that he will have too have surgery I am concerned about how this can affect him what are the chances of it coming back again if it is removed??
This is most likely a stye (hordeolum).  This is like a pimple on the eyelid.  Warm compresses are the best treatment and antibiotics do not help (lantibiotics do no help a pimple but may prevent new ones from forming).  Surgical incision may be needed if it does not resolve.   It is relatively simple operation for someone older  than 6.  This may require sedation for removal.

Dr. O.

we did the anitbiotics and your right it did not help we have been doing the warm compressions since I noticed the swelling as the dr. recommended now it has formed into a lump in the middle of his eye lid which he is constantly complaining about itching burning and irratating him we see an eyes specialist/surgeon next week I am just nervous about it messing his vision up could this happen???
my daughter had a one last year. i was so frustrated because i take care of her like a really princes. how in the world can this happen to her. i asked to her doctor and did nothing, i went to a especialist and coun't help me either. so one day talking to my mom, she told me to give massage on the chalazion every time i can and i did it and it really works. a second chalazion was going to appear again and i did the massage and went gone.
i notice that all things that people and doctors told me didn't work but massage did.