Eye Care Community
Chalazion numbing cream before injection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Before getting anesthesia for my chalazion surgery have any of the doctors here ever put some numbing cream on the eyelid to lessen the pain of the injection? Is this very common to use? I want ask my doctor for it when I see him. What is the numbing cream used called. Thanks! I'm just really scared!
Usually the surface of the back side of the lids are numbed before the injection.  The material is topical anesthetic such as novocaine.  Works better in the mouth for dentists.

JCH MD