Change IOL?
I am a 63 year old myopic male who had cataract surgery with a IOL implant; after 47 days of excellent vision I experienced a PVD with accompanied Weiss Ring and Flashes (Photosia). Four weeks later my vision has become blurry and refracted (probably by the trash thrown up by the PVD). We are hoping that my brain will be able to see through this refracted view or else will obtain eye glasses to assist with the refraction. My question is: at this point would it help if I change my implant with additional surgery from the multifocal lens to a monofocal or just wait and see how the the glasses assist me. My original sugery was October 5, and I was going to chose a monofocal lens and just go back to being near-sigted before my cataract (which was sudden - nuclear) but instead opted for the ReStor IOL at the last minute. Should I leave well enough alone and try out the glasses????
Thank you Doctor
You should discuss this with your doctor.  You had excellent vision and now it is worse.  Most likely you have a pc opacity and a YAG will help.  I doubt this problem is from the PVD.

Dr. O.