Changing eye shape due to myopia?
Hi, I am 17 years old and I have high myopia with around -6 the last time I went to my optometrist, which was last year. My myopia has always been progressing at a fast rate, and I've been having to change glasses around every year since I started wearing them.
2 years ago I started to notice that my eyes protruded out slightly, and I just assumed it was because of my nearsightedness so I didn't think much of it. During this time my eyes have been gradually bulging out more and more.
This summer, however, my eyes have gotten a lot worse in a small period of time. I now can't see anything unless it's a few inches away from my face. My eyes have dramatically changed in shape, bulging to the point where they almost touch my glasses. My eyes have also gotten narrower in width and in length, as if it's stretching into a football shape. It makes my eyes look smaller and closer together. My irises now appear smaller, and I can see the whites above and below my eyes if I open them wide.
I used to have big eyes and now they look small and beady, and it really distresses me because my eyes are still continuing to change shape in this manner, and it's doing this faster than ever now. Is this typical of high myopia, or is there something wrong with me? Is there any way to reshape my eyes back to what they looked like before? I hate the way I look right now.

No the changes you describe are not typical of high myopia. You should get in to see an Eye MD ophthalmologist. Ask your family MD to refer you. ALSO when you go in take 6-10 good facial photos taken over you over the last 7 years so the Eye MD can see what they use to look like. ALSO do not let the technicians put any drops in your eye till the Eye MD looks at you.

NOTE: hyperthroidism and Grave's Disease are the most common cause of protruding eyeballs.

JCHMD