Eye Care Community
Clear Lump on eye (with photo)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Clear Lump on eye (with photo)

2513584?1203067027
This lump appeared yesterday after i woke up, but after a few hours it gradually got smaller then dissapeared altogether so I just left it alone. However, I woke up again this morning to find it back exactly as it was yesterday. I had a similar thing in the same place a few weeks ago, but after a few hours it went away and return until yesterday.

If i touch it it seems to be connected to a thin clear film. Anyone got any ideas what it is?
p.s. I am a contact lens wearer
The photo isn't much help too small and poor resolution. It could be a cyst of the conjunctiva or it could be swelling of the conjuncitva (chemosis).

Leave your contacts out and see your contact fitting "doctor" on Monday.

JCH III MD
Thanks for your response. Yeh, the photo was large and high res but it was resized when i attatched it. i think its just a pingeucula from a bit of googling but will be going to see about it anyway
--------------------
I have the exact same thing and do not wear contacts.  It has been happening every now and then for several years now, always in the same spot.  It has gotten smaller over the years, but now it usually lasts all day now instead of going away after morning time.  I DID go to an eye doctor shortly after it started happening and he told me he didn't know what it was so I am a little skeptical to go in again anywhere as it is not cheap for me to visit a doctor.

If you find out anything more about this, please let me know.  It is  pretty irritating and I would like to know if it is causing any damage to my eyelid or if there is anything I can do to make it go away.