Climate change and Eyes
I had moved to Ca from Mi and about 2 months later I developed a bad case of bleph and very bad dry eye. After 5 opthamologists and about 15 apts in 5 months some thought it may have been because of the weather. I was so fed up and none of the treatments helped I moved to Fl. My doc said I should notice a difference right away but I see no change in 2 weeks. I have other health issues that are worse and my body pain increases in hot and humidity so now I am thinking about going back to Ca. My ? is would it take a longer time to see a change in the eyes? I guess Ca is very dry and the pollen and Mi is not and now Fl isn't but the eyes have no change. So maybe it was a fluke that the eye issue happened. Thanks
I would never advise a patient to move to another state for the health of his/her eyes as I don't think "climate change" is a problem.  I would suggest seeing an Eye MD that specializes in cornea/allergy/extermal disease. Find one at www.aao.org

JCH I MD
Thanks. I have seen 4 opthamologists. You don't think people can have maybe an allergy or because a climate is so dry and a person is not used to it coming from a different climate? Though I see no change here in Fl and it is very humid. My skin looks shiny though and not as dry so that is why I was wondering if eyes are very slow. I may go back though to Ca cause of my other health issues and then I will get eye plugs and with my restasis.Thanks again
-