Eye Care Community
Climate change and Eyes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Climate change and Eyes

I had moved to Ca from Mi and about 2 months later I developed a bad case of bleph and very bad dry eye. After 5 opthamologists and about 15 apts in 5 months some thought it may have been because of the weather. I was so fed up and none of the treatments helped I moved to Fl. My doc said I should notice a difference right away but I see no change in 2 weeks. I have other health issues that are worse and my body pain increases in hot and humidity so now I am thinking about going back to Ca. My ? is would it take a longer time to see a change in the eyes? I guess Ca is very dry and the pollen and Mi is not and now Fl isn't but the eyes have no change. So maybe it was a fluke that the eye issue happened. Thanks
I would never advise a patient to move to another state for the health of his/her eyes as I don't think "climate change" is a problem.  I would suggest seeing an Eye MD that specializes in cornea/allergy/extermal disease. Find one at www.aao.org

JCH I MD
Thanks. I have seen 4 opthamologists. You don't think people can have maybe an allergy or because a climate is so dry and a person is not used to it coming from a different climate? Though I see no change here in Fl and it is very humid. My skin looks shiny though and not as dry so that is why I was wondering if eyes are very slow. I may go back though to Ca cause of my other health issues and then I will get eye plugs and with my restasis.Thanks again
-