Eye Care Expert Forum
Cloudy spots

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Cloudy spots

Hi im a 18yr old female , starting in about march or april, i got cloudy spots in my eye. Sometimes it would go away after a while and sometimes it would go away over night. In my vision it was like their was a shield of cloud over my eye. It first happened when i was starring at my ipod and i assumed it was because i strained my eyes. I stopped going on the computer a lot to relax my eyes. It happened about 3 or 4 times. Then in may my eyes started to hurt really bad! i couldn't keep them open at all and they hurt when i moved them. I went to the eye doctor but he didn't know what was wrong with my eyes so he told me to go to the emergency on call eye specialist. The eye specialist didn't know either but said my cornea was deteriorating and was very irritated, i think its because of the mascara i used earlier and i rubbed it off to hard and it hurt my eyes. My eyes got worse the next day they were VERY swollen i couldn't move them every time i moved them i would feel a sharp poking pain in the back of my eye. The eye doctor gave me some gel to put in my eyes to make them go down and some lubricant eye drops. My eyes got better but they are still dry. I do get migraines and headaches a lot i don't know if thats the cause though, Now i am curious about this bright spot of flash that i sometimes see in my vision, it floats around for 2 seconds and goes away. The bright spot of flash has been going on for a long time but i didn't think it was anything to worry about so now im a bit worried about my eyes. From what i have described to you is there anything wrong with my eyes. And no i am not diabetic, but my dad is border line.
Dear anon388,

I would recommend that you seek the care of an eyeMD to determine the cause of your cloudy spots.  You have a number of different symptoms which are not necessarily related but definitely require care.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California
anyone got answers??????!