Eye Care Expert Forum
Cloudy vision

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Cloudy vision

I just had lasik a week ago. My left eye is healing well, but I have some problems with my right eye.  First, I had bacterias growing in my rt eye, so my doctor removed my cornea and manually cleaned it. Then now my vision is blurry & cloudy. My doc told me that my cornea piece had slid off, so now I am wearing a contact in my rt eye in order to hold the cornea in place and let it heal.  Currently, I am using 3 different eyedrops everyday. My doctor told me that if the cloudyness doesn't go away, then it may stay with me forever.  Is that true? Is this a normal lasik complication?

Thank you!
Infection and dislocation of the lasik flap are known complications of the lasik procedure but are not common.

Work closely with your cornea surgeon to treat this problem and some time in the next week or two ask for a second opinion and see another ophthalmologist that does lasik surgery to see you.

It is far too early to conclude that you vision will be permantently blurry.

JCH III MD
It does not seem to be a normal complication but probably a rare complication.

I am not a doctor here, but I just hope you get some professional info on this forum at the earliest.

To conclude, I am not trying to discourage you, but just that frankly speaking, to me it seems that you would have cloudy vison for the rest of your life in the right eye.

Anyways, still let's hope for the best.

Cheers!!
Please by any chance if your vison improves or becomes worst or remains blurry forever, please do get back here & let us know.

Although I am quite sure that it will remain blurry, but since John C Hagan III, MD, FACS claims that it is too early to conclude that your vision will be permantently blurry, let's hope for the best.

Take care..