Coats Disease?
Hello everyone.  Im Chris from Southern California.  I was searching around on the internet in regards to retinal specialist and found this website.  At the age of 11 I had surgury on my left eye.  (excuvadive retinapathy) Or Coast Disease.  I have been blind in one eye all my life.  Played college football with this condition.  The reason for this post is to ask others with Coast Disease if they have recovered any of thier vision as a result of surgury.  When I was 11 after my procedure I remember my doctor telling me that they could not pull my retina all the way up to my screen becuase I was too young.  That when I got older they would be able to do that.  Does that mean I'll possible be able to see in my left again?  Any advise would be great appriatiated.  I live in Southern Cal.  Retinal Specialist would be great to know.
Chris
I would encourage you to see a retina specialist Eye MD but I would not hold out much hope than anything dramatic can be done for the bad eye. Best advise is take good care of the good eye, protect it from disease and injury and see an Eye MD annually for exam.

Find an retina Eye MD near you at www.aao.org

JCH MD
Thank you very much for the information.  It really ***** that I can't see.  Ive had high hopes in becoming a Law Enforcement officer. However they have very strict standards they may be difficult to overcome.  I just remember my doctor telling me that he could not pull my screen all the way forward because I was too  young.  That he would pop a hole in my eye.  And I do remember seeing some light in my left eye after the surgury,  That right there has giving me some hope.
Chris
-