Eye Care Community
Cobweb floater

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Cobweb floater

If you see a cobweb floater, does it mean you have posterior vitreous detachment? If you have it, would you be able to see the floater at anytime meaning when there is no light. Also, what does it look like?
Is it normal that when you try to see a floater, it moves away rapidly?
Usually, it can also be blood or inflammation.  You usually do not see it in the dark.  A floater looks like a hair and move with eye movement, but continues moving after your eye stops.
Yes, it normal for the floater to move away.

Dr. O.
I had a cateract op 2 weeks ago.. I have big rounded floater in front of my vision. I have never had this. it happens in the dark when am outside on a night. floating all around me. above my head. down my left side. I see vision of people. that looks like sprits to me.. an it fears me half to death. should I be worried