Concerned about prednisolone eye drops
Hi, I've been experiencing eye pain and vision problems (distortion that comes and goes) in my right eye for several months now and was recently referred to a retina specialist by an ophthalmologist.

The retina doctor did find the pressure in my right eye to be high, but did not find any damage to the retina. He ordered several blood tests and gave me a prescription for Prednisolone AC 1% 15ML. To take 4 times a day (1 drop, 4 times a day), for 6 weeks, at which point I am to be reevaluated by him.

My concern is with the Prednisolone drops. The warning on the box states it should not used for more than a few days without being reevaluated. And that prolonged use can cause serious side effect. Do I have a reason for concern, or is the six week time period of use considered safe for this medication?
The steroid can raise the pressure in your right eye which already high.  Steroid elevation of eye pressure usually takes about three weeks.  However,  I have seen it in a week.

You need to discuss this with your doctor.

Dr. O.