Eye Care Expert Forum
Conjunctival cysts
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Conjunctival cysts

During a visit to an ophthalmologist for eye pain-pressure and blurred vision, a blister-like formation and several small bumps were found on one eye.  I was told that I had conjunctival cysts in one eye and most likely some sort of seasonal allergy in both.  I have been using Livostin and artificial tears since.  What causes conjunctival cysts and how long does it typically take for them to disappear?
Related Discussions

_

Conjunctival cysts are common.  They may be related to allergic problems, trauma, infection, or disrupted glands.  They may last from weeks to many months.  I usually recommend observation unless someone is having allergic type symptoms.  Livostin may or may not help.  Be patient and I would not be overly concerned.
This information was provided for medical educational puporses only.
HFHS M.D.-JL
*Keywords: conjunctival cysts

Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
233488_tn?1310696703
John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
Discover Vision Centers of Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker