Conjuntivitis or shingles?
Im living in Spain at the moment,and visited a clinic locally which is in the campo,because I felt I had reoccuring shingles on my eyelids,that I had  some years ago in England.The spanish doctor said it was conjuctivitis and gave me cortisone eye drops and to carry on using zovirax opthalmic cream,and if no improvement to go back in 5 days. The blisters on both eyes, near the tear ducts are still there,my eyes are not quite as sore inside, but Im afraid if it shingles it may go into my eyes and believe it can be serious if it does. Could you help please.
This is a situation that only an exam can "give answers".  Only 4% of shingles reoccur.
JCH III MD
Thank you for replying. In the meantime, I have seen the local Doctor and he hasprescribed Acyclovir,and to keep applying the Zovorix cream,with a strong painkiller.So I must be one of the reoccuring  4%
If any doubt we usually restart an antiviral. Acyclovir is a relatively safe medication.

JCH III MD