Eye Care Expert Forum
Consistant bright spot
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Consistant bright spot

I have had a consistant bright/light spot in my right eye for almost 2 years. When it originally formed, I had my eyes checked out by two separate opthamologists, both of whom said my eyes seemed totally normal. I was under a tremendous amount of stress when the spot first showed up and had also just gotten over the flu (I had taken tamaflu during this time as well). I AA never given an answe as to what the spot was or what caused it except that maybe it was a bad reaction to the tamaflu. I was told not to worry about it unless it changes. It hasn't changed in shape or size, but recently that eye has seemed a little blurry (which I assumed was from staring at a computer screen all day because of my new job). Today, I have been feeling little pings of pain in that eye as well. Does anyone have any ideas on what this might be/what is causing it and should I be worried about these new occurrences?
2078052_tn?1331936700
Since your symptoms have changed, it is a good idea to see your ophthalmologist again and have another evaluation.  This should include a visual field exam, and a dilated retinal exam.  
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
233488_tn?1310696703
John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
Discover Vision Centers of Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
2078052_tn?1331936700
Doreen Fazio, M.D.Blank
Amerisight Institute and Valley Eye Center
Van Nuys, CA
MedHelp Health Answers