Eye Care Expert Forum
Consistant bright spot

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Consistant bright spot

I have had a consistant bright/light spot in my right eye for almost 2 years. When it originally formed, I had my eyes checked out by two separate opthamologists, both of whom said my eyes seemed totally normal. I was under a tremendous amount of stress when the spot first showed up and had also just gotten over the flu (I had taken tamaflu during this time as well). I AA never given an answe as to what the spot was or what caused it except that maybe it was a bad reaction to the tamaflu. I was told not to worry about it unless it changes. It hasn't changed in shape or size, but recently that eye has seemed a little blurry (which I assumed was from staring at a computer screen all day because of my new job). Today, I have been feeling little pings of pain in that eye as well. Does anyone have any ideas on what this might be/what is causing it and should I be worried about these new occurrences?
Since your symptoms have changed, it is a good idea to see your ophthalmologist again and have another evaluation.  This should include a visual field exam, and a dilated retinal exam.