Contact Lense user w/ ONE swollen, itchy eye
Hello all-
I am a long time contact lense wearer.  I currently use Night & Day contact lenses.  I have been using them for approximately 6 years.  I do NOT wear them for 30 days and nights- usually 4 in a row and then I give myself a break.  For the past 4 to 5 months my Left eye (and only my left) has been "rejecting" my contact- my eye gets VERY itchy, especially in the tear duct area on the medial side of my eye, and I will feel like my contact is "floating". My vision in that eye will be blurred, like there is something on my contact.  I also get a discharge from that eye, but only when the contact is in.  In response to these symptoms I have been giving my eyes breaks of 2 or 3 days with no contact wear.  However, when I go to put my contacts back in the Left one (the same eye with the other symptoms) will be totally unwearable, and when I look at it it will have a "dimpled" appearance on the surface.  Is there anything I can do to combat this?  What is wrong?  If I go to see my doctor, what should I expect him to do?
Thank you!
Everyone that wears contacts needs to be under the care of an optometrist or an ophthalmologist. See whomever fit you.

JCH MD