Eye Care Expert Forum
Contact lens aghered to eyeball

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Contact lens aghered to eyeball

Hi, I have just woken up to find a contact lens that has been floating around the back of my eye for a few days has now become adhered to my eyeball. I'm not sure if it a whole contact lens or a piece of one but, I can see an edge and can get hold of this. However, when I try to remove the lens it is impossible and I can feel a tug on my eyeball. Very frightened by this. I don't know what to do. Any advice? Please help.
YES you should already have a optometrist or ophthalmologist that fits, maintains and evaluates your eye and for situations like this. IF NOT then you will need to get on the phone and start calling around to see if one can fit you into their schedule

JCH MD
That should say adhered.
-