Contact lenses after Cataract surgery?
My question is, is it possible/advisable to wear soft contacts after cataract surgery?  I am a serious boater; I need good distance vision and glasses are just not acceptable on the water.

In the past several months I have had Crystalens inserted, and both eyes were subsequently YAG'd.  The result is the exact opposite of what I had hoped: I can read everything, but anything over 20 ft away starts getting fuzzy.  I can drive, but I have trouble reading street signs. (Fortunately I usually go where I know where I am!) After the first YAG the surgeon suggested getting a "cheap pair" of "temporary" glasses for driving.  After the second YAG he said nothing.  

Before surgery I used soft contacts on the water for over 25 years (could not use them all the time as I needed bifocals & had some astigmatism); and I was hoping to at least have good distance vision on the water and just use reading glasses  if necessary.  Now I have the opposite.   The surgeon has been  reluctant to discuss this whole problem, so I have to  make another appointment explicitly about  this issue -- or just consult someone else.   Before I do this  I'd like to have some idea whether  contacts are even feasible now, as it seems that most people use glasses after surgery.
Yes it is possible to wear contacts after cataract surgery.

JCH MD