Contact lenses after cataract surgery
I recently had cataract surgery on my left eye and cataract surgery on the right eye is scheduled for next week. I was very nearsighted prior to surgery and the MD who is doing the surgery wants to make sure I do not end up overcorrected (farsighted) after the surgery. He would rather have me slightly nearsighted rather than farsighted. After two weeks my left eye is somewhat nearsighted. The MD will not do any enhancements until at least 6 months after the surgeries In the meantime, my question:

How long after cataract surgery typically must one wait before they can begin wearing soft contact lenses? At present I am about one diopter nearsighted and it's a little uncomfortable driving at night that way.

I will of course not do anything until talking with my MD and do not even have the contacts. I'm just looking for a general guideline to satisfy my curiousity until things have settled down after the surgery and until I can get in to see him with the follup exams. Thanks for any help.
You can probably set up an appointment to get contacts today.  Call your surgeon's office to see if it's all right.  It will definitely make it safer for you to drive.
-