Eye Care Expert Forum
Cornea Scarring

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Cornea Scarring
I had lasik surgery on both eyes in Dec. 2005.  My right eye is 20/20.  The left eye was 20/40.  I wanted to improve the left eye so I would not have to wear glasses, or a contact.  I underwent a PRK surgery in Dec. 2008.  It left me with what the doctor calls a herpetic PRK post scarring.  My left eye has scarred cornea now.  I see a lot of black spots out of a foggy eye.  My doctor is exploring a possible wavefront PRK.  He has never done one.  He is also exploring an epithelial laser scrape.  I am concerned and afraid.  Is there a safe way to remove the fog and scarring from my eye?
Get a second opinion from another cornea specialist.  Prefferably one with a lot of experience and possibly working at a top notch academic institution.  Not something to mess around with.

HV