Eye Care Expert Forum
Corneal Dystrophy

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Corneal Dystrophy

Respected Sir/Madam, I am suffering from Eye redness  with multiple white spots in my cornea. Doctor suggest me Lotepred eye drop(Loteprednol Etabonate Ophthalmic Suspension--0.2%w/v sterile eye drop ) and suggest me to consult another doctor  for dystrophy. I went to another doctor and he said there is 99% chance of corneal dystrophy  and 1% chance of viral of due to heredity by which these white spots are there is your cornea & if it not affect you eyesight it is ok ..we don't have any problem with it. I told him that I am suffering from Photo phobia and it is very hard for me to roam around in a Sunny day ..doctor suggest me use head Cap and  UV protected sunGlasses and write 3 eye drops  and 1 eye gel..( (a) Lotepred eye drop  instill 1 drop 4 times a day (b)  SOFTVISC EYE DROP (sodium carboxymethylcellulose 1%w/v)  instil 1 drop 4 times a day (c) VIGAMOX EYE DROPS   INSTILL 1 DROP  4 TIMES A DAY  and (d) EYEMIST GEL (hydroxypropyl Methycellulose (hypromellose) ophthalmic gel 0.3%) instill 1 drop 2 times  daily on 26 April 2011....

After  this i follow the instruction and getting better  and went again to him on 2nd may 2011  ..doctor remove Vigamox eye drop and  said white spots in the cornea are  in control  and eye redness is majorly gone ..

Again i went to Doctor on 17 may 2010 he said instill Lotepred  one drop in a day .. and  said continue eyemist gel and Softvisc eye drop. as your eyes getting dry .. and till today i follow his instruction. 2nd September 2011
Apart from it, I intake 2 capsule  3 times an day of Codliver having Omega-3

But still I am suffering from Red eye( some times or periodically  , Photo phobia..Bad vision of eye  and White spots in the Correna ....Please help me Out ..I will be highly thankful to you Sir
What kind of corneal dystrophy do you have?  It seems like your doctors are doing everything correctly.  Unfortunately, your symptoms are sometimes hard to get rid of with corneal dystrophy of some types.  Make sure you are seeing a cornea specialist.  Other than what they are giving you I don't know of anything else that may help.

HV
Sir  Houman Vosoghi, MD - will provide you photographs of  my eyes ... and will asked my doctor .for the type of dystrophy from which i am suffering...Sir ..is it possible that i will get your e mail to send my eyes photographs to you  ...I will be highly thankful to you

Veeru007