Eye Care Expert Forum
Corneal Edema following surgery

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Corneal Edema following surgery
I have had cataract surgery and IOL implant 1 day ago. Today I am experiencing very cloudy vision in the affected eye. My ophthalmologist says that I have corneal edema that should improve soon. The post-op examination was normal, and that I am to continue with Nevanac, Omnipred, and Vigamox drops 3 times daily. How soon should I see improvement
Dear fuzzyvision,

Depending upon the extent of the corneal swelling, the vision may improve over the next few days to weeks.  Try to be patient and be sure to ask your eyeMD any questions you may have!

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California