Eye Care Community
Corneal Intraepithelial neoplasia questions
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Corneal Intraepithelial neoplasia questions

I have corneal intraepithelial neoplasia in both eyes and am having superficial keratectomy with biopsy excision with mmc treatment next week., Can someone explain this to me in layman terms where I can understand exactly what it is I have and what will happen in surgery and what my recovery time will be in terms of being pain free and being able to see normally again and be back to my normal functioning every day life. Thanks! It seems like everything online is written for more the medical field and hard to understand! THANKS! BTW, I am a 42 year old woman who has never worn contacts or had eye trauma which I was told were the 2 main reasons for having this condition. I always wear my sungalsses when outside and do not spend a lot of time outdoors. What would cause me to have this???
233488_tn?1310696703
IT sounds like a pre-malignant problem of one of the cornea layers. These are usually very low grade malignancies. THe surgery is to try and remove all the cells by cutting away layers of the cornea.

JCH MD
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank