Corneal Scare- how long to heal?
I have been under the care of an opthalmologist since late September 2007 for a corneal ulcer and bacterial eye infection. I believe this was caused by persistent wear of my monovision contact lens.  The Dr. was able to irradicate the bacterial infection, which was very painful on my part.  I have since discontinued the use of the antibiotic ( as of October) and continue to reduce the number of times I put in steriod drops.  I am now a once every three days.  My cornea continues to show signs of improvement.  In November a topography exam showed my astigmatism at 7.53 and in late January at just .53.  I continue to have blurred vision and do not see well with bright lights, glare or during night driving with heavy car lights arounds me.  My Dr. suggests I could completely overcome this vision disability.  My question is how much longer could this scar continue to thin or clear up?  I will see my Dr again this week and and believe he will note improvement as I believe I see better today than I did 6 weeks ago.  Is it time to look to KTP or other form of correction, or just let nature take her course?
Scars on the body and in the eye take up to 6-12 months to "mature".  If you're getting better hold off surgery/laser.

JCH III MD
Thanks for your quick response- with the level of astigmatism noted, is it unreasonable to restrict night driving due to glare and blurred vision in my left eye only?
Only you and your eye MD can tell.
JCH III MD
Thank you.
U R Welcome
JCH III MD