Eye Care Community
Corneal Scare- how long to heal?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Corneal Scare- how long to heal?

I have been under the care of an opthalmologist since late September 2007 for a corneal ulcer and bacterial eye infection. I believe this was caused by persistent wear of my monovision contact lens.  The Dr. was able to irradicate the bacterial infection, which was very painful on my part.  I have since discontinued the use of the antibiotic ( as of October) and continue to reduce the number of times I put in steriod drops.  I am now a once every three days.  My cornea continues to show signs of improvement.  In November a topography exam showed my astigmatism at 7.53 and in late January at just .53.  I continue to have blurred vision and do not see well with bright lights, glare or during night driving with heavy car lights arounds me.  My Dr. suggests I could completely overcome this vision disability.  My question is how much longer could this scar continue to thin or clear up?  I will see my Dr again this week and and believe he will note improvement as I believe I see better today than I did 6 weeks ago.  Is it time to look to KTP or other form of correction, or just let nature take her course?