Eye Care Expert Forum
Cost of Laser Surgery for Retina Tear

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Cost of Laser Surgery for Retina Tear

Could you provide a price range for in-office laser surgery for a retinal tear?    I am a "self-payer" so price is important and I understand that I should get help ASAP.  

I have been to an optomtrist who did a dialation and thinks there might be a tear.  I have floaters and see white light flashes in my right eye.  It as been 4 days since the start of the symptoms.  I am 59yrs old.  
Maybe around $1000?
I am having the same symptoms with my eyes as dymatones. I have no funds for this surgery. What will happen if I don't get it? Will I go blind in that eye? Are there any resources out there for people who can't afford this surgery? Thank you!
You can either ask the doctor's office to work out a payment plan with you and chances are they will be happy to do so.
Or you can contact your local Knight's Templar b/c they help those who are unable to pay for eye surgeries.
Or you can find out if you qualify for financial assistance from your local department of services/division for the blind (you don't actually have to be blind/visually impaired to qualify).

Yes, you could eventually face a total retinal detachment and lose all vision in your eye if you don't get treatment!