Coumadin use & swollen eyelid vessel
My husband is 51, recently diagnosed with Factor V Leiden and since Nov 14th, put on coumadin for pulmonary embolism in both lungs, and clots in both legs.  Over the last couple days he had a nosebleed, and now the upper lining of his right eyelid appears bloody and swollen.  He has good vision, not blurry.  Just constantly teary, and painful.  This is New Year's weekend, and our doctor has taken him off coumadin immediately until he can be seen Monday.  Should we be calling an opthamologist instead?
Broken blood vessels on the outside of the eye are common in healhty people and very common in people on blood thinners like coumadin. If the pain is severe I would try and see an ophthalmologist. If the vision is good and the pain really a very mild discomfort then you can try warm compresses and artifical tears.

JCH MD