Crossing Eyes
I need help! I have suffered from ocular migraines since I was about 5 years old, with the wierd vision, numbness over half my body (draw a line done the middle), and slurred speech. I am 62 years young. For the past 10 to 15 years or so, the headaches had diminished to about once or twice per year (used to be at least 4 to 5 times per year). I had a really bad one a week ago, it lasted about 4 days. Now today, I had one that was different from all the rest. Enough so, that I went to the emergency room in Hutchinson because some of the symptoms were not migraine-like. They did a CT Scan of my brain and found nothing unusual. Tonight at home, after sleeping for a few hours, I woke up with one of the wierd symptoms that I experienced earlier today. My eyes were not working together as normal, one eye was crossing uncontrollably, not sure which one. When I try to shift both eyes to look right, they cross, when I look left, they don't. Looking straight ahead, I can still tell now after about an hour that they are still not norma, although better than when I first wok up. With past migraines, I always had the aura, then the wierd vision, but my vision always came back to normal after a few hours. This cross-eyed thing is a new symptom, and has lasted for about 8 hours now. The other symptom today was not having control over my movements…My hands started pounding on the table in a strange way, and pattern, lasing less than a minute, then I started laughing uncontrollably. What the heck is going on?
Since "things have changed" you need a re-evaluation either from a neurologist or a neuroophthalmologist or both.

If you have symptoms suggestive of a stroke go to an ER ASAP.

JCH MD