Crystalens - my outcome on second cataract surgery
Just wanted to let the forum know that I had my second cataract surgery on 11/15/2011.  My cataract surgeries, with the Crystalens implanted, were performed approximately 2 years apart, which is a gap of time much longer than what is typically done.

One day after the cataract surgery, I was seeing 20/20 for distance, uncorrected.  I think my surgeon did a great job.  He performed an LRI on my operative eye.

Also, he used the ORange technology in the operating room.  This new technology uses real-time information to confirm the power of the lens and the best positioning for it.

I'm pleased.  My close vision isn't too great -- however, the optometrist who is doing my after-care told me I needed to be patient.  It could take a year or more before we can confidently make a judgement about uncorrected reading distance.  He says that Bausch & Lomb may have an outcome that is on the conservative side (I suppose they don't want to over-promise, and in fact, their literature says the ability to read a 12-point font close up without cheaters is a reasonable expectation for most patients).  I note that I need excellent light to even hope to achieve that objective, and you can't always control your environment.

That's all.  I hope this helps anyone who is considering the Crystalens.
Thank you for sharing your experience. Although this type of forum attracts mostly people with problems it's always nice to hear from someone that does well.
JCH MD