Crystalens AO
My wife's Eye Center Docs are encouraging about the new Crystalens AO option she has chosen (surgery in one week). We think they have offered realistic odds of whether she will still need glasees afterward, from what I have been able to find.  What concerns us is that there just isn't much feedback info out there on thr internet because the AO is so new. We don't want to find out a year from now that the new design was flawed. The results have been presented as uncertain- different for each patient, but as an improvement for most. Like I said, she is willing to go for it, but I am still looking. Anyone have something to offer?
This website has hundreds of discussions on the disadvantages and possible advantages of multifocal IOLs including the Crystalens. Use the archives and search feature to read them.

JCH MD
Dr. Oyakawa is a big fan of the Crystalens AO.  (He has one in his own eye.)  My impression as a reader of this forum is that the surgeon's experience and skills make a huge difference in terms of the outcome.  But even the best case scenario with the Crystalens AO probably involves excellent distance and intermediate vision, with limited reading ability.  This is much better than what you'd get with 2 monofocal IOLs set for distance, and probably about the same as mini-monovision with monofocal IOLs--i.e., you'd still need glasses for prolonged reading or for seeing small print.
-