Crystals formimg in eye
I have small cryslals forming only in my left eye. They are about 1/64 to 1/128 of an inch and look very much like a grain of salt or sugar. These granules are hard but can be crushed into smaller granules. This situation is quite painful. I've been to quite a few opthamoligist over the past 35 years but they either don't see crystal, I think the thick liquid that is put in my eye may wash it out.  Or I'm told they are calcium deposits but as far as I understsnd it calcium deposits form a flake not a granule similar to salt or sugar. I hope you have some info on this..............
It is unlikely that over that long of a time that that many ophthalmologists would have overlooked anything serious.

People that find "crystals" all over their body that no one can see except them have Morgellan's Disease which is a psychiatric disease.

JCH MD
I wish it was psychological, when I've gone to the ophthalmologist they have found irratation to the inside of the eye lid and "NO" I don't rub the eye, I put a few drops of eye lubricant which helps relieve the pain. If it was psychological as you stated ""crystals" all over their body", I would most likely have it in both eyes.

The interesting thing is of people that have seen these granules, three  are very dear friends of mine, an MD (pain pills), a psychologist ("That comes out of your eye!") and an ophthalmol surgeon (advised seeing a lid specialist). When I've asked the ophthalmologist about seeing a lid specialist they prescribe eye lubricant.

I thought I'd try MEDhelp thinking that there maybe a large database of info and some investigation into the subject, but anyway thank you for your time............
The only thing that remotely comes to mind is Demodix infestion which are very small mites that resemble crystals. You can probably use Google images to see a photo of what they look like or do a literature search on it.

There are a few people that report it is much more common than generally believed.

JCH MD
As I stated in my original post, "They are about 1/64 to 1/128 of an inch and look very much like a grain of salt or sugar. These granules are hard but can be crushed into smaller granules." These crystals were viewed under 10X magnification, it is a crystal not Mites. They evolve under the upper eye lid near the tear duct, I originally thought they were salt but salt would desolve. Calcium can also form under the eye lid but as it breaks free forms a flake. So I'm still looking for an answer............Thank you.
-
Morgellans is also not a psychological disease. I have seen moving "things" under a microscope of people with "morgellans" disease. Some speculate it is caused by something in the chemtrails being sprayed all over the world.
I get the same thing in the corners of my eyes near the tear ducts, I think it has something to do with the immune system, as I'm afflicted with rheumatoid arthritis, to suggest this is psychological seems completely out of touch to me.
=
Definitely NOT psychological! I'm actually searching right now for answers to the same problem. This is the second page I've tried and so far I haven't figured it out. I thought I just got something in my eye, but about hour into trying to remove it I felt little grains of "salt" under the skin and in my tear duct. If I push a little on my tear duct I can feel them and they hurt horribly. I thought I had gotten the original irritant out but it seems like every time I get one removed there's another to replace it. It's almost as if I'm crying salt! It's so painful. Now about two hours in my eyes are secreting a thick off white mucus. I have no idea what would've caused this, it started out of nowhere. It has to be something my tear ducts are producing though, as I said the tiny grain are literally coming from them. They remind me of a morning eye crusty, I have been removing them the same way. So it's definitely not a psychological thing! But if anyone has an EDUCATED answer I'd love to figure what this is too. Thanks
This is not a 'self help problem'  if you have something in your tear ducts you can't get it out. See an ophthalmologist Eye MD as soon as your can.
I had the same thing happen to me precisely what the original poster described. A flat rectangular 1/64 inch crystal that is hard but you can break it. I found this attached to my contact and it had scraped the contact. I had a bad scratch to my cornea in my left eye where this was found.
=