Eye Care Community
Cylinder Eyes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Cylinder Eyes

Hi doctors,
I have 5 years old daughter just got diagnose cylinder eyes (1.25 for left & 0.75 for right), I'm really shock to heard this.
Therefore, I have several questions:
1. Is cylinder eyes the same with astigmatism?
2. what is the cause of cylinder eyes? is it truth she already bring this problem since her born?
3. are there any therapy for my daughter problem to reduce it?
4. her doctor said my daughter also had a little lazy eyes problem (but the doctor didn't worry about this), is this related with her cylinder eyes problem? and what should i do?

Thank you in advance,
Birgita

Tags: eyes, question
1. YEs
2. Aspherical cornea
3. No, glasses or contacts
4. Get a second opinion with an ophthalmologist. If it was an ophthalmologist ask for more details and explantion.

JCH MD
Hello doctor
My daughter also have some eye problem but I don't know what is it?
she can't see properly in sun light.
she is almost 2 now.
I m in Africa so we didn't have good doctors here so plz let me reply as soon as you can

hope for positive reply
Hello doctor
she can't see properly in sun light.
she is almost 2 now.

hope for positive reply
I'm sorry but there are so many things that could cause those symptoms that I don't have any way of telling you what the cause is.
To the best you can see someone to check her eyes.

JCH MD