Cylindrical Vision
My 7 year old daughter has -3 cylindrical power in her left eye. She has been recommended to use the spectacles. Will this problem persist? Will she be relieved from this problem. I am not able to find out the reason for this? Watching TV too much or unbalanced diet? Will the power increase by age? Is this be corrected by Lasik and at what age it is recommended.
Astigmatism is not a disease. It is an aspherical or lopsided cornea. Glasses improve the condition but do not cure the condition since it is due to the shape of the eye. The problem is not due to diet or watching TV. With time it may increase, decrease or stay the same. When she's older it's possible that refractive surgery might help but not at her age.

She should be under the care of an Eye MD ophthalmologist, ideally a pediatric ophthalmologist.

JCH MD