Eye Care Expert Forum
Cyst behind the eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Cyst behind the eye
Hi. My Nanny was just told she has a cyst behind her eye and i was just wondering what the treatment for this is. she is 71 years old and it is beginning to affect her vision by making her see double. Please can you help me?
If the cyst is behind the eye and in the eye socket, it may need surgical removal.  If your talking about cystic changes in the retina, that needs to be evaluated by a retinal specialist and different treatments including surgery and injections of medications or just observations may be considered.

MJK MD
My som have a cyst behind his eye that is located on the nerve, for past 10 years doctors are check if the cyst is growing and do nothing about that. This chat is affecting my sons eye elevation and is causing pain. Need to find someone that specialize in this. I'm in Salt Lake City.