Dark patch on the back of my eyeball
My near vision has deteriorated recently and I've had to start wearing glasses to read. During the eye exam the optician said I had a brown patch on the back of my eye and suggested I make an appointment at the eye hospital. I've done this but it's not until May 09. Since wearing glasses I've noticed my long distance vision in the eye with the dark patch is getting worse. My partner is a doctor and although she's not examined my eye, seems to think I should try bring my appointment forward... asap... but won't tell me why.

I'm not worried about this development just curious as to wether I should be or not..... any suggestions as to what it may be... remember its inside the eye on the back of it.

Cheers
If its inside the eye and you can't see it and your doctor partner can't see it how do you know its gotten bigger?

Anyway since you're worried try and move the appointment up.

The most common brown spot on the back of the eye is a benign choroidal nevus.  Use Google images to see what they look like

JCH MD
Sorry if I didn't make myself too clear, I don't know if it's got any bigger, what I was trying to say was that my long distance vision has got worse.

I followed your advice and googled choroidal nevus, puts ones mind to rest.

Thankyou.
I'm sure you understand now there is no correlation between a choridal nevus and your need for glasses increasing.

JCH MD
I also was told there is a dark spot on the back of my eyeball and the doctors concern with it was it was on top of a vein, and he too wants me
to get a a specicalist to look at it , its that the same thing you are talking about  
k
TO Grace  "dark spot on the back of the eye" is too gavue to offer you any reassurances or even possible diagnosis.  You will have to wait till you see an Eye MD ophthalmologist physician.

JCH MD