Eye Care Community
Degenerative eye conditions.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Degenerative eye conditions.

Okay, so I have seen the retina specialist and the news was not what I was hoping for. I have no idea what Cystoid Macular Degeneration of retina is, but I have it and it's stable. This is addition to the 3 cataracts, astigmatism and Progressive high (degenerative) myopia. I just really don't understand. At this point I am not legally blind but am a candidate for low vision so maybe I can work and drive (which is good). But I just don't understand why all of these things can just pop up out of the clear blue, I'm only 30 years old, I'v always had vision problems but no one ever told me that all of this was a possibility.

So, what exactly is Cystoid Macular Degeneration and is it cure-able and are my six retinal tears related to this?
Tags: Cystoid Macular Degeneration, vision, problem, eye conditions, degenerative
Use the search feature and archives and an internet search engine to educate yourself.

We have discussed this before and its too time consuming to type out.

No one can tell you how your eye will behave.

JCH MD