Eye Care Community
Difference between Fuchs and dry eyes in Sjogrens

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

I was diagnosed with Fuchs Corneal Dystrophy a few years ago.  Of course with that, there is a lot of dryness and treatment for that.  I also have dry mouth, dry skin, various neurological symptoms that they had been looking into MS.  Is it possible the dry eyes that had been diagnosed with Fuchs could in fact be part of Sjogren's?  

I am seeing a corneal specialist.
Dry eyes is not a part of Fuchs.   Dry eyes with dry mouth is part of Sjogren's syndrome.

Dr. O.