Eye Care Community
Different Eye Prescription

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Different Eye Prescription

I recently went to my ophthalmologist for an exam. My doctor told me my eyesight in my right eye didn't get worse, but my left eye had a slight change. When I looked at my prescription as I was leaving, I noticed the right eye prescription was -0.50 higher and the left eye was -1.5 higher. Is -1.5 considered a "slight change"? Why would my doctor overcorrect my vision in my right eye if there was no change?
There are two ways of writing a glasses RX  "plus" cylinder and "minus" cylinder. So you want to be sure that the two RX you are comparing are written in the same form.  If they are then the 1.5 diopter change is a big change and you would to call back and ask the ophthalmologist or their staff about it.

JCH MD