Eye Care Expert Forum
Dilated Left Pupil

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Dilated Left Pupil
My left pupil has been dilated for some time now (about a year?) and with no known cause. I have seen a couple of doctors about it but still have no answers. I'm hoping to maybe get some ideas of what might have caused this so I can bring that up with my doctor.
I am a male in my mid-20s. My eye will sometimes go back to normal (with no known trigger, doesn't seem to have anything to do with light or time of the day), but when it is normal again it seems slow to react (if my right "good" eye dilates because it's suddenly dark, my left eye is slow to do so). It is dilated most of the time though. I have had different scans, doesn't seem to be a tumor, aneurism or any such thing. Just looking for ideas to bring up with the doctor.
You should see a neuro-ophthalmologist and be tested for Adie's tonic pupil.