Dilated pupil after relaatively minor eye injury
Hi:
I injured my left eye weeding - believe it or not! I accidentally poked it into a branch. It wasn't very sore and there was no blood or bruising. They eye doctor couldn't find any other symptoms other than my dilated pupil. My close-up vision is fine, but long distance is blurry (which seems to be the opposite of what others have experienced); driving is a little troublesome. It has only been about 28 hours, but the doctor said there is a good chance it may be permanent (because he couldn't finsd any other symptoms).
It doesn't bother me that much - except for the driving and the weird-looking large pupil - which I'm still getting used to. What are my chances for recovery? What should I be doing to give it the best chance to heal?
Surprisingly, reading is easy and not a strain.
Thank you for any help you can offer. If ti does not heal, do I need to permanently wear sunglasses?
Chance of recovery depends on the degree of injury.  No way to know.  There is nothing you can do to improve the chance of recovery.

Dr. O.
It may be a different situation over here, since blood didn't come out it may the risk of some other dangers. Since you have hurt only one eye and the vision is blur therefore it is required to have a deal of checkup to avoid the problems. But overall what doctor said is right, proper diagnosis may help in the correctness in the eye structures.urgent care now