Eye Care Expert Forum
Distortion in eyes

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Distortion in eyes
Dear Sir,

I have some sort of distortion in my eyes (both left and right). I have very thin line-like semi transparent distortion in both my eyes. I have this for very long time (may be from my birth). It has not affected me in anyway till now, and I am not using any spectacles. Also, in the recent times, I can see some sort of flashy light in my vision, which appears for less than second. I get this flashing vision once in a month. Please help me in identifying my problem.

I have drawn an image which resembles my vision (http://www.filefactory.com/file/cfe07b4/n/Vision.png )
Impossible to tell without examining your eyes.  You need to go see an ophthalmologist for a full exam.

HV