Eye Care Community
Do I have a chance?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Do I have a chance?

I've been having ghosting and glare problems accompanied by afterimages since February after overusing visine for about 2 weeks straight.  Artificial tears do absolutely nothing for the problem and even seem to make the visual disturbances worse.  I saw the best corneal specialist in my area and he said my corneas were fine and seemed very confident that my eyes were just dry and prescribed me Restasis.  I've been on Restasis now for about 5-6 weeks.  Now, I'm definitely not giving up cause I know Restasis is very slow and takes a long time (2 months) to start working.  I just wanna know if it is possible that this Restasis will make my ghosting issues go away.  The corneal specialist seemed sure the Restasis would fix this but I've been disheartened with doubts lately for some reason.  Another side note I was curious about is that since all the problems started I've noticed that I don't have sleepies (rheum) in the mornings anymore.  What could this be related to?
If your problem is not due to needing glasses or inside the eye problems and is due to dry eye and tear film problems then restasis may cure the problem but as indicated I tell people that 4-5 months is the shortest trial I recommend.

JCH MD