Do I have retinal detachment?
A few days ago, after a workout at the gym, I sat down on my laptop and saw a little of... something like flashing. I can't really describe it but it looked like shimmering lines and that lasted for about 5 minutes and then I got a headache.
I was worried that it may be a retinal tear and went to see a doc, he checked my vision, did not perform eye dilation but from his little test, he said I had no tear but still recommended a dilation a few days later.
I suffer from headaches but this is the first time this happened. The flashing like thing disappeared after 5 minutes and did not return. There was no loss of vision, no shadow in my side vision, I had floaters before and they are like... 1 or 2, no flashing of lights after that.
I have slight OCD and while doc told me to come on monday, I'm having trouble sleeping and I am scared so please, do tell. Was this just a migraine aura or might this really be a retinal tear?
I can see perfectly right now, with both eyes, just a barely noticeable black floater in my left eye (which suffered the flashing) but only if I stare at a plain wall.
Many thanks!

I'm going to make an assumption that the 'doc' you saw did a thorough examination with dilation of the pupils and hopefully was an Eye MD ophthalmologist.

With that assumption the most common thing that would cause your symptoms would be a migraine variant with visual aura. There are other things that could cause it but they are far less common. Nevertheless you should report this to your physician that manages your headaches whether that is a family GP or a neurologist or internist.
Nope, he did not dilate my pupils but he did check my eye.
How long does it take for the symptoms to worsen? It's been like a week and I've had no vision loss or increase in floaters or flashes.
Your symptoms don't suggest a RD.  the flashes of a retinal tear or detachment are very short duration and very bright intensity. Like a flashbulb going off in your eye or a bolt of lightening at midnight.   I would suggest also you consider a different 'eye doctor" as with your complaints your eye should have been dilated. As I originally said discuss this with the physician that manages your headaches.