Eye Care Community
Do i have Pink eye or not

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Do i have Pink eye or not

i woke up yesterday morning an my eye was swollen and red with some fluid comming out there was crust on my eye ... i slept in my contacts but it didnt hurt at all like it did before when i realized my contacts were dried up i meant to take my contact out last night and still didnt woke up this morning couldnt open my eye had to wash it to get the crust off ... then i took my contact out right away i realized its senistive to light i can barley open it when i get in sunlight ... i have a huge feeling it wasnt my contact... but i have also been sick for the past two weeks could that have something to do with it ...
I recommend that today, you call your opthamologist and describe what you did here and see if they want to see you right away for this!  They would be the one to properly diagnose you.
I would see an opthamologist, your eyesight is too important to play with, they will be able to tell you exactly what is taking place.
Sensitivity to light and pain can be a sign of corneal involvement. Sleeping in contacts can cause various problems even if they ARE extended wear lenses. I would recommend seeing an Optometrist VS an Ophthalmologist though since it is a common condition and can be treated by either (on average an OD is much cheaper that an MD and BOTH can bill your health insurance for a medical diagnosis). A simple fluorecene dye staining can show an abrasion or ulcer of the cornea. If it is a viral conjunctivitis (most people call it pink eye) it just needs to run it's course, however, these don't usually cause light sensitivity. Make sure you do NOT continue wearing the contact lenses until it is healed and make sure you dispose of the ones you were wearing (if they are disposable soft lenses that is). If it is viral, they are contaminated and will continue to keep the eye infected.