Do not have Degeneration but Macular Dysfunction LOOKING FOR TOP RETINAL SPECIALIST IN THE NATION
I have still yet to be diagnosed, have been to Houston, Miami, Minnesota, and live in Louisiana where I have also been seen by doctors. On my lasts venture to Minnesota, I was told I have a Macula Dysfunction, not degeneration.
I am 63, have had 20 20 vision my entire life, and within the last year started losing my vision and now am legally blind. I have many symptoms, flashing  lights is just one, but it is the center vision that is gone. My eyes and retina are completely healthy. I really need recommendations for the top retinal specialist in the nation. Do not mind to travel, I need help
There is no top retina specialist in the USA. Just like there is no "best" dentist, no "best" driver, no "best" teacher. There are many top retina specialists. You can use the search feature and pull up the 10 top ranked ophthalmology programs associated with medical schools

JCH MD
For a fee, Castle-Connolly will search their data base of "top doctors" and provide you with the names of the "best" American specialists for your condition.  At a minimum, all of their doctors are experienced, board-certified, and respected by other doctors.  (This does not guarantee that they are the "best," but all of their doctors are probably quite competent).  You can get more information about this service by visiting the Castle-Connolly website.
-